P. B. Shannon
Mr. Shannon was born in Valera, Texas, and moved to Levelland, Texas in 1926. Mr. Shannon attended Texas Technological College (now Texas Tech University) and graduated with a Bachleor of Arts degree in 1943. He joined the U.S. Navy after graduation and served as a Lieutenant in the Navy’s amphibious forces in the Pacific during World War II.
After the war, he attended law school at the University of Texas and then returned to West Texas to work in the oil feilds. He subsequently went on to complete law school at Southern Methodist University.
Upon graduating in 1951, Mr. Shannon moved to San Angelo and opened his own practice. In 1952, he joined the firm of Upton, Upton Baker and Griffis, now known as Shannon Porter & Johnson.
Mr Shannon’s law practice spanned nearly fifty years in the Concho Valley, representing numerous farmers, ranchers, and small business owners. Mr. Shannon was very active in the San Angelo community. He served on numerous charitable boards and was a charter member of St. Luke United Methodist Church.