History

1900's: San Angelo, Texas

Our firm traces its roots in San Angelo, Texas back to the early 1900’s and the law firm of Upton & Upton. We have had a continuous presence in West and Central Texas since then.

1901: Lee Upton

Lee Upton arrived in San Angelo in 1901 to practice law. His son, Herschel C. Upton, joined his father’s practice in 1920, and the two provide legal services under the name of Upton & Upton.

1933: Travis Baker

In 1933, Travis E. Baker joined Upton & Upton to form Upton, Upton & Baker, and after a stint in the military during World War II returned to practice with the firm.

1950's: Upton, Shannon, Porter & Johnson

In the 1950’s, P. B. Shannon, Craig Porter and James D. Johnson joined the firm, and after the deaths of Travis Baker and Herschel C. Upton, the three, Shannon, Porter and Johnson, continued the tradition of excellence in civil legal representation.

1981: 317 West Concho

Since 1981, although our name has evolved, we have occupied our present offices at 317 West Concho in San Angelo. The nature of the legal practice has changed over the years, but the goal of providing the highest quality service to our clients remains the same.

Our firm traces its roots in San Angelo, Texas back to the early 1900’s and the law firm of Upton & Upton. We have had a continuous presence in West and Central Texas since then.

1901: Lee Upton

Lee Upton arrived in San Angelo in 1901 to practice law. His son, Herschel C. Upton, joined his father’s practice in 1920, and the two provide legal services under the name of Upton & Upton.

1933: Travis Baker

In 1933, Travis E. Baker joined Upton & Upton to form Upton, Upton & Baker, and after a stint in the military during World War II returned to practice with the firm.

1950's: Upton, Shannon, Porter & Johnson

In the 1950’s, P. B. Shannon, Craig Porter and James D. Johnson joined the firm, and after the deaths of Travis Baker and Herschel C. Upton, the three, Shannon, Porter and Johnson, continued the tradition of excellence in civil legal representation.

1981: 317 West Concho

Since 1981, although our name has evolved, we have occupied our present offices at 317 West Concho in San Angelo. The nature of the legal practice has changed over the years, but the goal of providing the highest quality service to our clients remains the same.